Re: RAIN

This has been such a dry summer my roses didn't even get black spot, and I never spray.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 1:30 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] RAIN

Oh Lordy, Sue.....been there; done that and it ain't no fun at all.
You have my deepest sympathies.

I've been in bucket brigade myself.  Have a section of "flat" roof -
actually slopes as all flat roof areas should - has EPDM on it, but
it's been there a while and I think the hot, dry summer has pulled
some of the joints as I'm getting leaks where I've never had them
before......sigh....another item to add to the to do list - get roof
replaced:-(

Still raining here - has been off and on for several days.  We have
now gotten all we really need.  While there has been some localized
flooding around here, as Jim says, we're sure not in as bad case as
you guys further north, who are getting the worst of this lot of
water.

I  wish old Ma Nature would be a bit more even-handed when she doles
out weather; seems the old gal can only go to extremes.  She must be
on one really bad mood this year!  Possibly she's getting fed up with
the human race, who do not seem able to take care of their
planet...can't say as I blame her, but, still.......

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade, Suite101.com
Shadyside Garden Designs

----------
From: Sue <sue.nyc@att.net>

I'm in New York City-Staten Island to be exact. I woke up this
morning to
find my bedroom ceiling partially
caved in thanks to all the torrential rains we've been getting
Luckily the
bed and computer are dry, but an entire bookcase full of books, one
night
table, and part of a brand new rug are soaked and ruined-and water
is still
coming in. On top of that there is a crack forming in the kitchen
ceiling!
We're waiting for the landlord to show up, and
silently cursing the idiot that built this building with a
completely FLAT
roof!

Sue