Re: is hort down?

We have Asian ladybugs here. They were imported by Mississippi pecan growers to battle an aphid infestation they had. The ladybugs cover our houses every year. They are native to a mountinous area of China, and they think our houses are mountains. They really do not aggressively bite; they are merely tasting you to see if you are a giant aphid. Sorry to hear about their effect on the wine industry. I just leave them alone. They do help in the garden just like our native ladybugs.
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] is hort down?

In a message dated 10/18/05 10:35:53 PM, red4@omni-tech.net writes:

some of the bugs are dead
from the frost last week

Rich, do you have the Asian lady beetles that move in after the beans have
been harvested? Ugh, they are terrible. They bite, smell & leave a stain if
smashed. I understand, after talking with a grape grower/wine maker they are
a real problem for them. If I is collected with the grapes they have a chg
of wine taste. The grower said both he & his son, who are in business
together, ate a beetle to know what they taste like. He said they taste just like
they smell :-( Yuch