Re: Alpha

That's because I got tired of worrying about it and went to bed. Today we'll be busy taking all the hanging baskets down and moving stuff inside or out of any direct line of wind. It still looks like landfall will be Fort Myers or farther south. I have a great deal of faith in the landscape being able to protect the house from a category two or three storm, so we'll likely be okay--just scared stiff--even if we get a direct hit.

We went to the library yesterday afternoon so Ms Fatma will have mysteries to read; on the way home, we went down to the beach to gawk at the waves. Pretty angry looking. And gray. It looked like a winter storm up north--except the temperature was about 85 degrees. And, of course, there was the usual complement of imbeciles out on surfboards.