Re: Okay, Jim?

Hi, Ceres. Not much to report. Overcast. Air is so still it has the feel of a Hitchcock movie. Ms. Fatma is watching "Vanity Fair" on HBO; I'm reading-writing e-mail and invoking the satellites and radars every now and then to satisfy myself that Wilma is staying her course. Beans goes in and out, quite restlessly, as though she's waiting for something to happen. She spends a lot of time lying in the driveway grooming herself, then abruptly coming in for a snack, only to go out again almost immediately.

Our most vulnerable hanging baskets--an old donkey tail with long strands of "tail"; a rather large pitcher plant with maybe a dozen very large pitchers; and a vining begonia [cutting from Noreen]--are hanging in the garage. Other potted plants are now in the living room and the sun room--on tables, chairs, the floor.

Now, in the distance, I hear thunder. And when I look at the local [Ruskin, FL] radar http://snipurl.com/iwlh I see a lot of rain nearby... but still no wind in my trees and shrubs. Oooops.... spoke too soon. Suddenly it's raining hard enough to knock out our satellite reception [it's back almost immediately, however]. Still no wind; just rain.

More later.