Re: Ball Gardens

Kitty, when David and I visited Tropiflora, Dennis [Cathcart? the owner] decried the disappearance of plant collectors--people who, in his case, collect bromeliads by genus and species rather than for decorative or other reasons. This is certainly true in the orchid business. Orchids--mostly because of the breeders and their convoluted cross-breeding, tissue culture programs--have become disposable center pieces for festive dining on heat-and-eat entrees and sulfite laden wines.