Re: shop lights

Kitty wrote:
I know the bulbs lose their effectiveness and should be replaced every
yrear, but I usually use them until they burn out or sometimes do replace
them as the ends start getting too dark.  Would ineffective bulbs have any
bearing on the life of the electronic starter?
Don't really *know*, but I could speculate that blackened ends come from
the electrodes' burning up and depositing their substance on the glass,
leading to increased impedance between them and so causing ballasts to
heat up and lose their effectiveness (burning out). Guessing only.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA