Re: What is this flower?

Don't recognize it, but it looks like one of Solanum/Nightshade relatives.

On Oct 25, 2005, at 11:28 AM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSR wrote:

Does anyone recognize this? This shrub is growing at a house we bought and
are fixing up to rent. Seems familiar but I can't find any pictures of it in
any of my books. It's about 4 - 5 feet tall, with long branches growing
pretty much straight up, and not bushy at all; there are three of them right
against the house in a narrow space about 8 feet long and only a foot wide.
They don't branch out a lot. The leaves are fuzzy and soft. The white
blotches on the flowers in the picture are damage, not normal color. I'm
wondering if this is something the previous owners stuck in during spring,
and it will die over winter, or if it's perennial.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gardencatalogs/album?.dir=/ 2023&.src=ph&.tok=p

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W