Re: What is this flower?

Try this-  Purple/Blue Potato Bush or Paraguey Nightshade (aka
Lycianthes rantonettii although I also found it referred to as Solanum
*rantonnetii*)

see weblink:  http://www.horticopia.com/hortpix/html/pc3469.htm

Pretty sure this is your plant.  Hardy zones 8-10.

Theresa
(Sacramento- where there are LOTS of these around)