Re: What is this flower?

You might want to let your renters know it's deadly poison.

On Oct 26, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSR wrote:

I think that's it! Thanks. I have not seen it growing around here at all, so
I will try and remember to take some cuttings. The flowers are pretty
attractive and it's been blooming most of the summer.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Theresa
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:32 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] What is this flower?

Try this- Purple/Blue Potato Bush or Paraguey Nightshade (aka
Lycianthes rantonettii although I also found it referred to as Solanum
*rantonnetii*)

see weblink: http://www.horticopia.com/hortpix/html/pc3469.htm

Pretty sure this is your plant. Hardy zones 8-10.

Theresa
(Sacramento- where there are LOTS of these around)

Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSR wrote:

I thought of that, but none of the pictures I can find really shows leaves
like this plant. And I don't see the bright yellow stamens (?) either. I
don't think Tibouchina would overwinter in this zone either, but then I
don't know when they were planted. Still, it's the closest I could come
when
looking through my books.
I might take some cuttings just for fun.

Cyndi