Re: Ball gardens.....addictions

Or maybe, Noreen, downsizing to your feiend means getting smaller plants.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Ball gardens.....addictions

Hm...sounds good Pam, however, doesn't a person that joins AA or such
actually WANT to stop???? I think most plant addicts are well aware of their
addiction, but don't have the will power or even the desire to actually stop.
Perhaps slow down maybe but stop??

Helped out at a private plant sale of a friend....(the one that insisted I
try bamboo)....who's wife told me that he was having such a huge sale because
he was "downsizing" his yard. That they wanted to travel now that they were
retired, and didn't want that much responsibility. I was impressed and felt
inspired by his will power, especially since he was selling off many of his
long time prized plants. However then at the end of the sale the mailman
arrived with a box of plants that had arrived in the mail, that he had ordered
to add to his collection. Hmm.....so much for downsizing, I thought. When I
asked about it, he said that was his way of downsizing......get rid of some
plants, to get others. Hm.....I guess that is a start....

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 10/28/2005 4:12:57 PM Central Standard Time,