OT - television

I'm not much of a television watcher  - we enjoy "Mystery" and footbal games
-
but "Mystery" doesn't appear much any more.
Tonight we tried to watch "Masterpiece Theater" which last week was  a
Sherlock Holmes story.  Tonight it is Robert Louis Stephens'"Kidnapped."
I have turned it off because more than 2/3 or it is black screen with just
noise and flashing lights - totally indecipherable.  I seem to find more and
more TV shows like this.  To me, black screens and flashing light are just
poor cinematography, and I just won''t waste my time on it.
Forgive my rant.
Auralie