Re: Cats--progress note

I know that's so about "cat" cats and "people" cats; however, neither Crookshanks nor Melvin had ever been touched by humans before they were about 3 months old, and they are two of the most affectionate cats living here. Magick was about 8-10 weeks old when I met him, and he literally sleeps under me. He and Crookshanks fight over who gets to sit in my lap. I guess, like all things, there are exceptions. BTW, there is a new Beagle here. I am desparately trying to find her a home.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" <4042N15@nationalhearing.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cats--progress note

Would your preference be a single cat, Jim? I enjoy two, partly for their
antics together, but also to keep each other company. However, I've read
that if you got two, like the ones you saw, their ability to warm up to
people will depend greatly on how much they've been handled by people from
the time they're born. Cats that have been mainly around other cats during
those first months may tend to be cat-cats. If they've been handled by
people, who've cooed and cuddled them, they have a greater likelihood of
being people-cats. It's fun to watch the antics of the 2, but if they
ignore you in favor of each other's company, you may end up with an empty
lap. But if they like human attention, well, both you and Ms. Fatma could
end up with individual lap warmers who also have a feline friend to keep
them busy when the laps aren't available.