Re: OT- ovens/ranges

Since we bought our first house in  '54 I have never had a conventional
"range."  I have always had the oven separate from the cooktop.  And
since we moved here in ''70, I have had a gas cooktop and an electric
oven.  Just seems to work better that way for me, and if we are out of
power I can still cook.  Until we redid the kitchen in '92, my ovens had
always been above the counter.  Now I have two large ones below the
counter, but not beneath the cook-top, which is on an island in the
center of the room, with storage room below.
In fact, when I was a child, living with my grandmother in Florida, the
oven was on top of the kerosene stove she used in the summertime
when she didn't want to heat up the large wood stove. I'll bet no one
else remembers primitive arrangements like that!
Auralie

In a message dated 10/01/2006 10:57:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,