From: Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday, October 1, 2006 10:02:16 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Today in the garden-NOT

Didn't get anything done yesterday. DH and I went on an Extension
sponsored bus trip to Missouri wine country with stops at one winery,
one apple farm, and two nurseries (one with wine and entertainment!).
DH fell in love with a atlas cedar (Cedrus atlantica var. glauca
pendula). It was 50% off. Yes, I warned him that if we had a bad
winter (below -10) it would be toast, but there was no stopping him.
Just in case we succeed, does anyone have hints as to how to train it
to assure it keeps its "character"?

Cathy, west central IL, z5b