Re: OT- ovens/ranges

We had one of those, too.  Before that my grandfather brought a block
of ice home from the icehouse to put in the icebox every day at noon -
he passed there on his way from his office. He carried the block of
ice with a pair of metal tongs - the block was about 18" square.  I
don't think anyone delivered ice in our small panhandle town, but when
I visited my other grandparents in the country near Ozark, Ala., a
wagon brought them ice for their icebox, which was much bigger
than the one we had in town.

In a message dated 10/01/2006 1:58:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,