From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 1:30 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT- ovens/ranges

Since we bought our first house in  '54 I have never had a conventional
"range."  I have always had the oven separate from the cooktop.  And since
we moved here in ''70, I have had a gas cooktop and an electric oven.  Just
seems to work better that way for me, and if we are out of power I can still
cook.  Until we redid the kitchen in '92, my ovens had always been above the
counter.  Now I have two large ones below the counter, but not beneath the
cook-top, which is on an island in the center of the room, with storage room
In fact, when I was a child, living with my grandmother in Florida, the oven
was on top of the kerosene stove she used in the summertime when she didn't
want to heat up the large wood stove. I'll bet no one else remembers
primitive arrangements like that!

In a message dated 10/01/2006 10:57:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,