From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Daryl
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 3:50 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: OT- For the dog owners

Chris,

I've had dogs for more than half a century. One thing I've learned is that
even the best-trained dog will slip now and then.

Take my dear old Hermann, for example. He would turn his head away from
goodies on the table, or even on the coffee table when we had friends over
and they were choice party morsels made of things he loved. He'd do
headstands for Rumaki or Fois gras (am I really that old? I don't think
anyone eats that anymore) , but wouldn't touch it on the table even when we
weren't in the room.

Let him get a whiff of butter, though and he'd do almost anything to get it,
including climbing the drawer handles to get to the kitchen counter.

-->