From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 8:23 PM
To: gardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] More Heronswood Info

I just got me newsletter from Hydrangeas Plus, and in it was the following
article:

Heronswood
Most of you are familiar with the closure of Heronswood in Washington State.
The Pacific Northwest Horticultural Conservancy has been established to
purchase and preserve the garden with the goal of creating a horticultural
and educational center in partnership with institutions such as the U of W.
They are gathering 5,000 signatures to show support for the mission of the
conservancy. Please let me know if you're interested in my sending you a
petition to gather the signatures. I will return the petitions returned to
the OAN (Oregon Association of Nurseries) and they will forward them to the
Conservancy.

I thought you all might be interested in the new (to me) development.  If
you are interested in contacting Hydrangeas Plus their website is
http://www.hydrangeasplus.com

The entire newsletter is very interesting this month.

zem
zone 7
West TN