RE: OT- ovens/ranges

Sounds like one we had in St. John's Newfoundland during the 1950s.  It was
a wonderful experience for a 10 year old...we lived there for three
years...it was like going back in history.  The coal was delivered by horse
and cart; the stores weighed out the flour and cheese; all the funerals
were by caissons; across the street from our apartment, there was a water
pump where people who lived in the nearby buildings got their water.
Fortunately, we lived in a more modern flat and had running water.

One of the beautiful things was the annual arrival of the Portuguese fleet
to fish in the Grand Banks.  Their ships were wooden, over 100 years old,
and flew colored sails.  A time now gone.