Re: Roses and tetanus

Did a little search and it seems that many health departments are advising
getting tetnus shots if you garden:
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=360
http://www.nfid.org/powerof10/pdf/PowerOf10_Broc04.pdf
http://www.cdc.gov/women/owh/gardening/
http://www.the-health-pages.com/topics/education/immuniz_tet.html
CDC says:
All adults should get a Td shot every 10 years.
Tetanus lives in the soil and enters the body through breaks in the skin.
Because gardeners use sharp tools, dig in the dirt, and handle plants with
sharp points, they are particularly prone to tetanus infections. Before you
start gardening this season, make sure your tetanus/diphtheria (Td)
vaccination is up to date.
While you are at it, ask your health care provider if you need any other
vaccinations.