To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Social security overflow, change the law

As retired military (31 yrs), I have always felt that the complainers
have no inkling of military life. Would they be willing to leave in
less than 24 hours to a hostile environment halfway around the world?
Would they be willing to risk their lives for people who think they
are exploiting "the system"? Would they be willing to risk their
lives to protect people they do not know, who speak a different
language, and who may never thank them? No one joins the military
with the expectation they will get rich, and some die before they can
ever collect their pensions. I have no regrets about my decision to
serve. I was a member of a community with a sense of mission and
purpose. Double dipping? Those folks earned their pensions, and if
they have contributed in another job, haven't they earned that
compensation too?

Cathy, west central IL, z5b