From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Cathy Carpenter
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 1:56 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] SS overflow, change the law

When I retired from the military in 1997, I was given a choice to
participate in SBP or not. My spouse, of course had to be involved in
the decision and sign papers to that effect. Is it now mandatory?
Since we were both military, I had to do the same when he retired. We
both opted out. Sounds like the correct choice!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b