From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 11:53 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT- my daughter and Wallace./and Son from Iraq..

Wonderful to hear your son will be returning home next week.  to stay?, or
just a break?
My nephew Sam has been having a rough go of it there. A broken excerpt:
"...this has been a fairly hard couple of days for me.  A few days ago there
was an attack on one of our platoons and we lost a guy due to sniper fire.
While responding, my truck was hit by an IED.   No real damage to my
truck... I've been friends with this guy since basic.  So, yeah it's been
pretty hard.  ... These ... insurgents are getting more and more brave.
I've been in a couple of fire fights the last few days, yeah we've killed
the ..., but still we shouldn't have to.  I really don't know what else to
say right now.  ..., but right now I'm just confused I guess is the best way
to put it.  ..."
The young man who died was 23 from CA.  He was to have been in Sam's
wedding.  They were that close.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5