Re: SS overflow, change the law

My dad and DH have the same thing.  Both had/have disabilities due to  their
knees (hurt on the job).  The "reasoning" for taking the disability  pay out
of your paycheck is because it is tax free.  If they left it in the  paycheck,
it would be taxable.  This way they send it to you  seperately....tax exempt.
Question is.....was the initial amount added  originally...so that the
servicemember with the disability is actually paid  more, or are they just giving
them a break on a small amount of their  paycheck?
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

Hi Cathy  and all,  I retired from the military in 1999.  Since the  only