Re: SS overflow, change the law

No, it isn't mandatory.  When it first came out, they were really  pushing
it, and made it out to be a lot more beneficial than it was.  After  many
complaints and what not, they started to pressure less and give more  information.
After finding out more information, many that were pressured  into it, or not
given the complete information tried to get out of it, but were  told they
could not.  I think this has change recently, that one can get  out of it, but
loses all that was paid in.   Anyone who opted out  definitely did the right
thing.  All retired military organizations fought  the reduction and cuts in
SBP.....helped a bit,  but.....
Cathy are you a member of MOAA....used to be ROA??  They do wonders  lobbying
for rights of retirees and veterans.  Great org.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 10/7/2006 11:02:28 AM Central Standard Time,