Re: OT - replacement tree (TX)

Noreen, what say you about the Rusty Blackhaw Viburnum (V. rufidulum)?
It's not as fussy about soil being well drained as some of those others you
mentioned and both Sophoras have poisonous seeds, a no-no in the bird
sanctuary.  Or wax myrtle which doesn't mind clay in the least?   And they
both handle too much or too little water conditions, both of which can occur
here, though too little is more common.  Desert anything will croak when we
do get rain, which is why most of my salvias & lavenders are in chimney flue
liners and the rosemary shrubs are planted on mounds around the property.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX