Re: Social security overflow, change the law

Thanks for the site, Chris.

On Oct 8, 2006, at 4:11 PM, Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

You've gotten me wondering too. Nothing was said during my induction to my
county govt job that would lead me to believe that I wouldn't be allowed to
collect SS. I'll most likely be there only 11 to 15 years, vested at 10.
I certainly hope that meager amount wouldn't cause me to lose SS.
I hope not too, but I'm worried that it's going to happen that way.  :(
My Mom didn't find out until she started planning her retirement.
Otherwise I never would have known either.

Here's a fact sheet from the social security Web site:

   http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10007.html

Chris

Island Jim
Southwest Florida