Re: replacement tree (TX)

Ended up w/ a BIG Yaupon holly tree.  Native - lots of berries for the
birdies.  It's as tall as I am so bigger than the mahonia I want to shade
next summer.  Not cheap and barely got it in the car.  But it will work.
You ought to try digging a hole in clay in the 20th month of drought.   It
took four hours.  I have  blackhaw which is gorgeous, but not a rusty
blackhaw.  Tossed a couple of handfuls of worm castings in the hole.  It
should thrive.  Took an hour and a half to dig out all the dead roots.  My
poor back.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX