Re: Bananas

This has been my experience too, Jim.  I always thought the plant had  to be
in it's second season to bloom, but without an offset that is mature  enough,
it doesn't bloom.
Banana blooms are edible, by the way.   They are sold in cans  too....I've
tried it fresh and from the can in salads.  I personally didn't  care for it,
but.....perhaps it depends upon how it is prepared.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 10/9/2006 11:02:42 AM Central Standard Time,