RE: Bananas

That sounds so very good.  Let us know how the experiment goes, Jim!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 6:57 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bananas

Well, Auralie, I might. But I'm thinking about pureeing the excess with
Barbados cherry juice, which is super high in ascorbic acid and should keep
discoloration at bay while peaking the flavor of the bananas. Then freezing
the result. It wouldn't take much room and should make an interesting muffin
additive this winter.

On Oct 9, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/09/2006 5:06:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
> Yeah. I've heard the flowers were edible, Noreen, but could never
> figure out why anyone would want to. On the other hand, I've got no
> idea what I'm going to do with 40 or 50 ripe bananas in a couple of
> weeks.
> Put a lot of banana bread in the freezer?

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10