RE: uh oh

On Monday I picked maybe a gallon of basil and made pesto base for the
freezer. I thought I'd picked a lot but when I went back out later I
couldn't hardly tell I'd been there. If the weather cooperates I should
be able to get another gallon or so. I was picking off the flowers but
then figured why bother, too short a time before first frost, let the
bees have fun. They were certainly enjoying it. I had so many other
chores I didn't get to spend much time out there but it was choice, let
me tell you, the weather was perfect. I picked all that basil and then I
thought, why clean all the stems and flowers off inside, I'll just do it
here. So I sat among the plants and stripped leaves, the bees were
buzzing, the horse was chomping away nearby, birds twittering and all.
Ahhhhh.
I also picked about five pounds of poblano peppers but I only managed to
roast, peel and freeze about 3 lbs. I can do a pound every night, I
think, and maybe I'll manage to get them all inside before it freezes.
First freeze is usually around the end of October, and if I'm lucky it
will not damage much because we normally have a couple weeks of good
weather again after that. But next weekend we are going horse camping so
I will not be able to do anything then.
We have been spending so much time doing horse stuff that even the small
amount in the veggie garden is being neglected, and forget the front
yard, I haven't touched it in weeks (sniff).  I hope I'll manage some
better routine by next spring, I love my garden and I need TIME. But I'm
happy working with the horse too. Life is different now that's for sure.

Got a recipe for that crockpot chicken stew?

Cyndi