Re: Dragon Lily

Well, one other thing the donor said to the woman who brought them in was that it looks like a palm tree.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Dragon Lily

Kitty, I have a pot of bulbs that were given to me in 05 by a gardener in
northern Iowa which he called voodoo lily. I admired a foliage plant in his
garden and he offered me a pot of bulblets. I left them in the pot for the
summer and overwintered them in the basement remaining planted in the pot but in
a dormant stage. This spring I take them outdoors after threat of frost and
they finally sprouted late. They have not produced a flower yet but he said
they were very smelly. It has a dk green spotted stem and a gorgeous
palmated leaf.
Ceres