Quake

A friend in Hawai'i writes--

  It felt like being in a car - tumbling over a cliff - with the shaking
- but no body tumbling - just seemed that the house was violently
shaking, twisting, etc.  However, no windows broken.  Lots of pictures
are off the walls.  Stuff on shelves fallen off.

  One good sized mirror in one of the bathrooms came down and shattered.
Books all over.  One good-sized tv (about 27") fell off its stand.
Shit - lost a large Ming ginger jar that fell off a cabinet.

  So will be doing some clean up and re-arranging today.

  No power.  No radio stations (from car radio).  Reports are that there
are no tv stations on - but I'll be checking that in a bit.  Land phone
lines are working here - or I couldn't be connected to the internet.
Am on generator - as land electricity is out.

  Just had another aftershock about 2 minutes ago.

  Sand Gulch - that connects us to Honoka'a is closed - as enough big
rocks, needing heavy equipment, will have to be used to clear out the
stuff.  We took a cruise through the neighborhood about an hour ago -
had to clear some small rocks off the road in a couple of places - and
one good sized rock - about 40 pounds had to be moved from the middle
of our driveway.

  Thanks for asking.  We're alive.

  ku

Island Jim