From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Donna
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:47 AM
To: gardenchat list
Subject: [CHAT] OT- am I making a mistake?

As many of you know- I have been in the clean out the clutter mode.....
looking room by room at everything in it, and getting rid of 'stuff'.
(My house is to the breaking point with 'stuff'!) I am tired of saving junk
that I might need sometime...or just kept for who knows what reason....

So, before I toss, garage sale, or other means of getting rid of, my
question is to the collectors of other stuff in this group.

TY beanie babies- like the ones from McDonalds, as well as others that were
just cute and had to come home- any worth to them?

How about football stuff...like a bear's starter jacket from the 80's?
Duh- when ever they won the super bowl.... the darn thing is like brand new
since just after I got it- they started that mugging to get them back
then.....so rarely (read about 2-3 times) worn. Didn't even know I still had
it- found it this weekend...sigh.

I saved all the junk from the D56 25th anniversary celebration- you know
that pendent, duck camera, and all the other trinkets we got..... worth
anything?

How about decking boards? I seriously have enough to do MANY decks as
additions were built and other had to be un-assembled and removed.(although
I did talk Vera into taking some)....not to mention screen houses, patio
furniture.....

Continuing on, I also found canceled checks from 1952 from sports stadiums
along with the vouchers of what they paid hockey and other teams.... a
zillion S& H green stamps (seriously,books of them)..... two houses ago, I
had a wall of antique kitchen type stuff....and the list goes on....

I am not an ebay person... tried looking some of this stuff up, but didn't
get far.....

So, if you owned this junk (and many of you probably do)- how would you get
rid of it... anything worth money before I give it away or toss it out?

Donna
who only made it thru one spare bedroom and 1/8 of the basement and an
assessment of the back of the yard...sigh, who knows what else I will find!