Fall Activities

Wednesday the Horticulture students at our community college have
their "lab" at my place. Of course, they are studying "annuals and
perennials" and this is not exactly the ideal season for garden
tours, especially after the freezing temperatures a couple days ago.
But will make the best of it, concentrating on plants I have that
have "lived up to their hype" (IMHO) and whatever else I can point
out they might find interesting (they may get a lot of "woody"
perennials!). Also will recommend some books. Students are so much
fun - love their enthusiasm.
Took out the frost killed tomatoes and peppers from the veggie garden
yesterday. The spinach is looking pretty good and the garlic is
coming up. Parsley and celery will be good for another couple months.
Anyone in the "cold zones" successfully overwinter colocasia? Hints?

Cathy, west central IL, z5b