Weather and Garden stuff

At last, we picked up a sycamore that we bought last spring and got it
and a river birch (Betula nigra) planted just in time to catch some of
the rain that is now coming our way. The spot for the sycamore was hard
digging but we wanted to get it on the river bank. I love having a nice
soaking rain after planting. Also, got my softneck garlic, Chilean
Silver and Lorz Italian, and one hardneck, Persian Star, in. This year,
I decided to plant them near the raspberry bed since the garlic is
supposed to keep down Japanese Beetles.

While cleaning out the veggie bed for the garlic, I harvested the last
of green beans and included them in a chicken pot pie for supper. I also
have some raspberries continuing to ripen...not that sweet since the
temperatures have been lower.

Hope those with flooding are seeing the ground now and no one has been impacted by the tornadoes.

Bonnie Zone 7/7 ETN
Remember: The River Raisin, The Alamo, The Maine, Pearl Harbor, 9/11