Re: questions about weather....Houston

TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    That area is totally  under
construction, they are widening I-10 to 16 lanes or something like  that.  It is a
nightmare.   We are to get more rain starting  today and going through till Friday.
No place is pretty when it rains, but  much less here now.  We are still
under a Flash flood warning and it didn't  even rain a drop all day yesterday.
The ground is so saturated, and with  the rains here and going north....the
rivers, bayous etc. haven't had a chance  to recede at all....and more coming.
DO NOT under any circumstances  drive through water under any
overpasses....especially under freeways.   These ALWAYS flood, and they look decieving since
they dip down....for someone  not familiar, it looks parallel to the other side,
like an even street, but  since it dips down quite far, people are quickly
over come by the water.   This is how many people have died.
Any plans to see anything of interest????  How long will you be  here???  I'm
so sorry that you will be here during the bad weather, I hope  it doesn't get
too bad, and is over quickly so you can at least have some  sunshine and are
able to enjoy your stay!!!!
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 10/18/2006 5:38:15 AM Central Standard Time,