Re: Bad weather in Texas

I don't know Pam......Houston is used to flooding and has areas in  every
subdivision for run off water  to  help control  flooding...and even have a group
of very knowledgeable folks who's full time job  is flood control. Areas have
pumps that kick in automatically if they  flood, etc. etc. etc.  and yet we
still flood despite these best  efforts.
Many cities flood with as little as  5 inches of rain.....so one never  knows
what would happen if it ever rains that much in a short time.  Water  levels
have a way of rising up so quickly that pumps, storm drains,  etc. cannot
handle it.  Hence the word Flash flood.  Look at the San  Antonio/ Austin and hill
country area with all the hills, they thought  for sure they would never
flood.....HA!  a few years ago, they had serious  flooding problems that
overwhelmed many.
I guess you have to have experienced that much rain, and the problems to  not
wish for too much.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 10/18/2006 11:03:02 AM Central Standard Time,