Indian summer

Our trip back from Binghamton last week was lovely but chilly, and
followed by light frosts for a couple of nights here.  But now we are
in the middle of a real warm spell - only down to 62 degrees the  last
two nights.  The colors here were not nearly as bright as through
the Catskills last week, but have really developed this week.  I am
pretty-well surrounded by dogwoods which are unusually brilliant
this year, and the sugar maple in the front is turning from rich
gold to crimson.  The frost  just touched things but didn't kill
everything.  Interestingly, the morning glories were done for but
the passion vine, tomatoes, and impatiens in the same row of
pots were unharmed.