From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:05 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Indian summer

Our trip back from Binghamton last week was lovely but chilly, and followed
by light frosts for a couple of nights here.  But now we are in the middle
of a real warm spell - only down to 62 degrees the  last two nights.  The
colors here were not nearly as bright as through the Catskills last week,
but have really developed this week.  I am pretty-well surrounded by
dogwoods which are unusually brilliant this year, and the sugar maple in the
front is turning from rich gold to crimson.  The frost  just touched things
but didn't kill everything.  Interestingly, the morning glories were done
for but the passion vine, tomatoes, and impatiens in the same row of pots
were unharmed.