From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Donna
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:37 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - Press release experience?

where are you trying to get this listed at? If it is a calendar of events,
just give them the facts- if you are looking for 'free space' in their
newspaper you have to peak their interest and do most of the work so they
can just hand it over to the copy folks. I haven't done this stuff in a few
years, but used to have contact folks at all the major places I wanted free
advertising. I would create the ad and send additional pictures as
attachments and give them the basic info in the email. When is this event?
Magazines need the info at least three months in advance, newspapers 3-6
weeks. Of course, they sometimes have extra space even at the last minute.
John used to get a kick out of them calling to see if I had some fill item
they could use LOL!

Donna