Re: OT - Press release experience?

Sounds great to me, Bonnie.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 6:23 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] OT - Press release experience?

Jim, Zem and Donna, I agree about getting something to draw their
attention. Since I can't find any sign that anyone else in the Miami
Valley, much less the greater Dayton area has done a St. Nicholas Event, I
think we'll peak some interest. This will go to Christian Radio stations in
the area, our main local newspaper and the community newspapers in the area.
(The latter has agreed to run two articles for us. They will run one in a
couple of weeks and again the week before the event.)

Here's what I had already put together. I'm open for ideas and critiques.

Tired of the Mall Santa and the Hype to Buy, Buy, Buy? (I'll bold and
enlarge this.)

Christ the King Lutheran Church in Centerville will be hosting a Saint
Nicholas Event to allow children and parents to get pictures with a familiar
Christmas icon without the commercialization of Christmas.

The event will be held:
December 9th between 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
At Christ The King Lutheran Church
On 50 Nutt Road (on the corner of Nutt and 48) in Centerville.

There is no charge for the event, but children are encouraged to bring an
item for the Baby Jesus, which will be donated to Hannah's Treasure Chest.
Hannah's treasure Chest provides families in need with items necessary to
care for their children all through the year.

Parents can bring their own cameras or have a photo taken by one of the
attendants.

Children may also talk with a Nativity Character, hear the REAL story of
Christmas and learn about other Christmas traditions, such as the candy
cane. They can snack on a Christmas cookie and sip some hot chocolate as
well.

Come and enjoy a family oriented, Christian, Christmas based, non
commercialized celebration of the spirit of giving.

For more information, contact Christ the King Lutheran Church at 885-5785 or
send an e-mail to St.Nicholas@ameritech.net.

BTW, thanks to Pam for testing my new e-mail address (St.Nicholas) for me!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)