From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of pdickson
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 12:11 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] frost warning

Pam,
We just got home from our trip to Houston, Beaumont and Nederland.... to
find that we must have had frost while we were gone with a freeze warning
for tonight.  I went ahead and spread some sheets over my pineapple sage,
Mexican bush sage, and 3 fall tomatoes (that are full of green tomatoes).
Everything but the tomatoes looked ok... but they looked like they have
already been blasted with cold.

We had a wonderful time.  We took our 17 year old son back to see where he
was born.  We moved to New Mexico when he was only 1 year old so he doesn't
really remember living there at all.
  We went up to the house that we owned and met the new owners... they were
so sweet... took us on a tour.  The house looked great but they have cut
down all the trees.  We had the most glorious oak in the backyard... they
said it caused too much trouble with the pool... which I am sure but I wish
they had just pruned it instead of taking it down.  We had too many pines in
the front but they are all gone now.  It is always interesting to see what
someone else does with your house.
Thanks Noreen and everyone for advice on the weather before we went.  It
turned out to be beautiful... it only rained on us on Saturday when we were
sitting in Sartin's eating seafood... wonderful seafood!
Tricia