Re: What a mess!

"Thank goodness for air bags" is so right, Ceres. I'm so grateful your son is all right, but it does stink that he's out the money for his deductible. There are just loads of people here who don't have automobile insurance, although it's supposed to be mandatory.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] What a mess!

In a message dated 10/27/06 7:49:38 PM, gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:

Probably kept my butter from slipping off my noodles during
the months of rebuilding everything and having to fork out all the expenses
since they had no insurance.

Pam, my son had a similiar experience last week. He was driving home about
9 pm, headed north on a north/south road and was approaching a T intersection
which the traffic east bound had a stop sign at the T. He was traveling
approx 30 mph in an older residential neighborhood on a narrow street. A car
traveling 65 mph (clocked by the police) and the police in close pursuit turned
the corner hitting my sons car headon & down the drivers side pushing the car
into a residents yard. The police also landed in the same yard & missed my
son by mere inches. The driver of the car took off on foot but was quickly
taken by the police. The car was stolen with stolen license from another
vehicle and the driver had a suspended drivers license. My son was not hurt but
his car with only 14000 miles is totaled. Of course the driver had no
insurance & is in jail with bail set at only $1000. My sons insurance will pay but
he has a deductible and then had to purchase another car which he didn't want
to do and was not in position to do. It's only money and the air bags saved
his life!