Re: Wedding Flower Help

The purple petunias have a nice scent.  Our daughter married the end of
July last year.  Here in TN, not much is left.  The florist did a wonderful
job with greens, and white and burgundy flowers, including some Calla
lilies.  Alstromeria is wonderful to work with...you can even get it at the
groceries.  It comes in numerous colors and takes a beating...that's why
florists love to work with it.  It looks like an orchid.  Also, you could
use violets...they wouldn't close and there is a wide variety of colors.
You could nestle them in greens and candles.  Some ferns have a purple
hue...like Athyrium niponicum 'Burgundy Lace'.

There is Epimedium that is usually purple of some hue, purple sweet potato
vine, hardy geraniums, Heuchera 'Frosted Violet', Oxalis regnellii
'Triangularis' (purple and black flase shamrock), Setcreasea pallida
"Kartuz Giant' (Giant Purple Heart Wandering Jew).  I'm trying to think of
things you could also get in small pots that might look good in greens on a