Re: Re: help determining measurments...and the big M

Thanks so much for the details, Noreen. I am 54 so it could have to do w/M, so it is something to consider. The funny thing about all this is that losing weight has helped me feel better about myself, but I recall years ago when I was going through some horrible times, much of which involved self esteem issues, the therapist, searching for something positive to say to me said, "You have such beautiful hair." Over the yrs I've resolved some of the esteem issues, but now my hair is not so good!

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 7:58 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Re: help determining measurments...and the big M

You'd probably have to talk to your dr. about the ingredients, and such.
It's all natural, and like I mentioned there is reg. and extra strength, and
it is over the counter, so not a high dossage at all. It's not an full
blown estrogen like Premarin or such would be....it is more like a food that
contains it, much like taking a Vitamin A pill vs. eating a carrot......it's like
eating a couple carrots. LOL Has more than just the estrogen element. It
was recommended to me by a lady who was in her early stages of M, and going
through symptoms. Some people take it for hot flashes, thank goodness I
never had that, and still don't. In her case, it wasn't hot flashes either, but
lack of energy, skin and hair not having their elasticity, and she too had
headaches. I figured it was worth a shot. Was about to do or try anything at
that point. Amazing how many doctors don't believe that hormones can cause
any serious sypmtoms. HA!

Yes, you are probably right that your hair loss might not be related to
early symptoms of M. Could well be stress and maybe even the weight loss, with a
reduction of vitamin intake or such. I'm sure it could be due to a number
of things. I just had a similar experience, no weight loss, but did have
stress among other things. The natural ingredients helped me with my well being
in general. Initially had no idea at the time what it was either, hormones
were the last thing I thought of since I was no where near menopausal age.
In fact when my friend first told me, I laughed it off. Wasn't till I had
been to the doctor for months and was at the point where it was really bad that
I figured it was worth trying. Wasn't till months later that they discovered
the tumors by accident.

Yes and no.....I'm better as far as the cancer. I feel better, but
regulating the hormones has been a major problem, and dealing with other stuff. Not
to mention that I'm not great at taking meds, so I forget or am late now and
then, and immediately notice the effects. But.....I definitely cannot
complain, compared to a few years ago, this is heaven....so I can deal with the

Hope you find something that helps you.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 10/29/2006 11:02:29 PM Central Standard Time,