Re: drying hydrangeas

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  WOO.  That is so awesome.  Nice photo of your garden.
  As for hydrangeas - I have the silica gel that I dry those kind of flowers in.  You put them upside down in a can and cover with the gel crystals and they dry in about a week, and the color remains pretty good that way.

Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  How do you dry hydrangeas? I have dried them in a cool dark room in 1 inch
of water but I can't remember if that is all I had to do. Does anyone have
any experience they would share?
I also wanted to share that my garden is on the cover of the Oklahoma
Gardening Magazine this month, October. The article is 5 Steps to a Quick
Landscape. The website is www.okgardener.com
I just asked if they could e-mail me a copy that I can share with my family.
The pictures were taken in July so not as good as I would have liked but we
did have more rain this July than usual.
Thank you,
zone 6b

Jesse R. Bell