Re: drying hydrangeas

Nice cover Tricia!  Congrats!
Can't help w drying Hydrangeas, I just need help getting them to flower. My Oakleaf always flowers but the less hardy masc and serratas don't.

Kitty

On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Patricia wrote:

How do you dry hydrangeas? I have dried them in a cool dark room in 1 inch of water but I can't remember if that is all I had to do. Does anyone have any experience they would share? I also wanted to share that my garden is on the cover of the Oklahoma Gardening Magazine this month, October. The article is 5 Steps to a Quick Landscape. The website is www.okgardener.com I just asked if they could e-mail me a copy that I can share with my family. The pictures were taken in July so not as good as I would have liked but we did have more rain this July than usual.
Thank you,
Tricia
zone 6b

Island Jim