Re: checking in / happy fall!

Oh boy, quinces! Yum. While cleaning out a shelf in the garage yesterday, I uncovered our apple-baking dishes--those little ceramic [terra cotta, in this case] baking dishes with an impaler on which to center the cored fruit. We haven't used them in years, but the last time we did, we used them to bake quinces. A little brown sugar; a little cinnamon or clove, or both. Hmmm... wonder if there are quinces in our markets this week.