Re: Where is everyone? Outside?

Have you ever tried one of those motion-sensored sprinklers?  If it picks up movement it turns on and sprays really hard for a few minutes?  I know when we did animal rescue and bottle fed deer...the one thing they HATED was the water hose.

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
  Just got back from a trip up into the Finger Lakes area of New York - a
State Garden Club Meeting and a visit with my son who has a horse-farm
in the area. What a beautiful part of the country!
But I am really frustrated and depressed. After all our problems with
fallen trees and such I was just getting the beds in front of the house to
look good again. I had handsome caladiums both in containers on the
front stoop and in the breezeway, and in the beds in front of the house.
Things were looking pretty good and I was feeling much happier after the
stresses of the summer. When we returned we found that deer had
cleaned out everything. The containers of white and red caladiums, all
those planted in the beds, all the other things growing. They had gone
right around the house from the front stoop to the container-garden in the
breezeway. They had even eaten artemisia 'Powis Castle' which has
always been the one thing they didn't touch. It makes one wonder why
we keep trying.

In a message dated 09/22/2007 5:45:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,